July 25, 2013

Hello (Finally!)

Hello! It has been a severely long time since I last posted on here, and I thought I better take a few photos before the British sunny spell is over. Unfortunately, the week of sleeping after my exams finished and the sprained ankle I got straight after trying to emulate Djokovic during a tennis match meant that it has been difficult to return sooner (I had a humorous day today of determined hobbling with my trusty camera). A few weeks of recovery and crutching about later, here I am! It was pretty difficult to get an outfit photo seeing as I've very cleverly lost my tripod plate and had to spend the remainder of the day furiously tying my camera strap up and panicking that it would meet the tarmac at any moment - but I thought I would try and show my latest find from Topshop. Whilst I love a lot of their designs, the manufacturing seems so cheap! All their expensive garments seem to fall apart within a week, whilst my trusty second-hand shop finds never wear out. Perhaps it's just me, but I am forever on Team Charity Shop! Nevertheless, I do admittedly rather like this latest addition to my floordrobe, especially seeing as it's pretty perfect for the lovely weather we've been having (despite my only enjoying it through the window given my recent bedridden state!). I've been whiling the sunny days away with my Summer reading list - and thought I'd share some of my favourite with any other bookworms out there, though my German script of Tarantino's Inglorious may not be widely appealing. Just Kids has to be one of my ultimate favourite books now and I strongly recommend it for anyone interested in the Beatnik generation and a nostalgia for an old America. Poetry wise, Larkin amongst many others is the man for me. Something about his bitter male cynicism strikes a chord for me. Potentially worrying.
 How are you spending your Summer? Any books to recommend for the sunny days? I shall be returning much sooner and hopefully with a rediscovered tripod plate! 
Have a wonderful day and an even better Summer,
Eva xxx
P.S. I am now on a technological contraption called Instagram! If you want to see my daily meals and trees (as I think they're the main things going) then voilá - and let me know yours. Bis bald!

23 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Totally agree with you about topshop clothes! So overpriced for the quality of them! I'll forever recommend John Green when asked about books, but i've also read a really nice one called Penelope by Rebecca Harrington! hope you visit back :-)
    recordsetc.blogspot.com
    amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thick hair and that lace dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought Just Kids, can't wait to start reading it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures and I love that lace dress. I agree Topshop is overpriced for what it is but some of their designs are so good :/ x

    littleleeli.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images and I LOVE your hair xx

    http://www.fashionyourseatbelts.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely photos! The flowers are absolutely lovely!

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the really lovely comment! you're so so beautiful :O your style is so lovely and these pictures are so great
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi honey! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm glad you decided to stop by 'cause I think your blog is awesome. Hope you update soon with some more pics, I really like your photography ;)

    xo

    The Elegance Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely photos!
    I'm now following you on GFC & Bloglovin :)

    www.studdedkisses.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pics are awesome! Love your style and your photography, I stop by every day ´cause you always have great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man all your photos are so pretty :) (also keen to read Just Kids, reading some Kerouac right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have really beautiful hair ♥
    Issy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very beautiful photos, so many pretty aspects

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look stunning, your hair is so gorgeously thick!! Pretty dress too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your lace dress! You look so sweet :)

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yayyy for team charity shop! You look utterly stunning as always :) I adore your posts so much!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos, everything looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice pics as usual, they bring me to a dreamy place, lovely atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous photos! :) and I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds that about Topshop - you really don't get the quality that you pay for! :( x

    ReplyDelete

Penny For Your Thoughts?