October 28, 2013

University!

 (Coat - Paraphrase from TkMaxx, £34.99, Jumper - New Look, Skirt & Necklace - Charity Shop, Polkadotted Tights - H&M, £6.99, Boots - Vagabond, Backpack - Lacoste)
Hello! It has been far too long since I last posted and how much has changed in that time! A few months ago I was incredibly unsure of where I would be and how the next few months would work out. I can say with relieved conviction that I am now quite happy as an English undergraduate at my hoped-for University of Southampton (although the workload is less than forgiving), living in a pretty wunderbar house and enjoying it immensely! Although the South has been kind with the weather so far, the cold and rain is starting to settle in and my student finance was given a little lease of life this weekend as I decided to finally replenish my wardrobe with winter coats. It's usually such a bother to search out the perfect one, but TkMaxx was stocked up to perfection and this bargain saved a day of shop crawling. Although it's a little large, my navy number feels like such a duvet - which definitely means I will fall asleep in a lecture in the near future. My course is actually proving to be a very interesting one, my favourite so far being the poetic language module. As my mother says, poetry is the painting of English Literature! I thought I'd share a couple of my favourite poets - W. H. Auden perhaps surpassing the rest. I'm sure most will have heard of the poem below, if only for a good taste in Hugh Grant films (Four Weddings and a Funeral, anyone?). I carried them about in my trusty rucksack, which is proving a godsend to lug about my ever-increasing amount of notepads and 'Learning to Love Poetry' and 'Reflections on Austen' books. Oh the joy! 
On the uplifting note of Auden's poem, I thought I'd also take the chance to share a couple of photos of my new home! After plastering my walls with a medley of Klimt pieces, old postcards and questionable Tracey Emin pictures, I am more than happy to waste my days studying in my new room. It feels like I'm home. Unfortunately, it betrays my innate nerdiness with my growing list of words I like to note down. And yes, before you ask, my middle name does so happen to be coolsuave. Catchy.
 How's your Autumn going? Have a wonderful week,
Eva xxx

14 comments:

  1. I love that coat, what a fantastic find x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I also love your boots and jacket

    The Koalafornian x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auden is perfection.
    So is:
    -your outfit,
    -these photographs,
    -your room xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely look, since I graduated already, seeing books makes me eel kind of nostalgic :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet post! It's so exhilarating starting at university and I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. Great choice of poem and I love the lists of words on your walls as well! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking amazing, love these photos. I hope your university continues to go well. I'm happy for you, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you look lovely. I adored your blog, it's so cute and fresh. Coming back here for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congrats on finding what makes you happy :) Love the look! Specially that coat!

    Mili from Call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your look and your style, you always know how to pick the right clotches and your pics are amazing, your blog inspires me so much, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  10. The atmosphere of your pics is adorable, love the style of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog and you look stylish and adorable, marvellous pics

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your room!! <3 Wow congrats and good luck!
    All the best! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. great arrangements in your room!! great shots!
    latesttrendfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete

Penny For Your Thoughts?