April 08, 2014

New York, New York


Let me first dust off my blog and then say a most over-due hello! I would like to say my absence was due to being engrossed in studying and excelling at university but alas, I have carried over my unorganised ways from sixth form to my degree. Instead, a lazy disposition and my broken camera charger (which I have finally gotten replaced, hallelujah) have kept me from posting but now I'm feeling inspired to get back on top of things and back to blogging! The main spark for this was my recent trip to the one and only New York city, where ambition is tangible on every street. It was such a wonderful experience and, as I haven't travelled very much, it was the perfect way to gain some serious culture-vulture points. Initially, the place terrified me. Everything only ever comes in enormous - big signs, massive advertisements and towering, grey buildings seemed an intimidating force to be reckoned with - but then I realised that also included the energy, spirit and talent of the city. It seems the kind of place you could explore for years and never tire of, always discover in and feel endlessly inspired by. I was really enraptured by the diversity of New York, from the contrasts between brick buildings and countless neon signs to the kaleidoscopic style and individuality of the people that live there. It's also well and truly the city that never sleeps - I was out each day at six in the morning to make the most of the trip and the place was alive with people. Although, getting up at crazy o'clock still didn't allow me to fit everything in (good excuse for a round two, right?). Fortunately, I did manage to see a lot - from the Guggenheim, MoMA, and the theatre to the Public Library, Central Park and (always a favourite of mine) second-hand bookshops. Even my memory card couldn't cope with all the sights - it ran out many a time - but I thought I'd compile a video and post some photos to show a good portion of where I went. I must have looked like the typical tourist, although I did stop myself from dressing in Statue of Liberty merchandise and wearing a fanny-pack so I didn't go all out, I'm afraid. C'est la vie!



Gah, it already feels like a distant dream! How are you spending your week? 
Have a wonderful day,
Eva xxx

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE New York! I'll be heading there in a couple of months for my fourth or fifth trip (I've lost count). Your pictures are wonderful! So glad you had a good time XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I wish I had a chance to visit New York, it's seems like such an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah your photos are so brill and I love that little video! It's so nice to see the sights in sunshine as we went in December so it was all snow blizzards! Totally making me want to return - hope you had fun!

    Jaclyn
    www.bumpkinbetty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. it seems like you had a lovely trip, I cannot wait to discover NY myself one day!
    really enjoyed the video & the simon and garfunkel song put a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your pictures of NY. It looks like you had a wonderful trip.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!

    -Helen Grace

    http://www.sweethelengrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and cute red specs! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    xo
    http://razzdazzle.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are gorgeous! I didn't even have a camera when I went to NYC three years ago, and I deeply regret not borrowing one from a relative. I only have some footage my father still hasn't taken out of his film camera he had lent me. I'm not huge on America and stuff, but these pics do make me want to go back and explore by myself - because we all know you can't do that on school trips...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waaah, your snaps are amazing! I haven't been to NYC for a few years, I definitely need to get back there soon.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos, you have captured the movement and vibrancy of the city beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these - this makes me want to go back to nyc right away. I would love to go back and take some better photos as I totally wasn't so good at photography back then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great account of New York and I love your snaps too - I so want to go there! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super photos! :-) xx

    http://www.sweetcandydreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful photos:)!
    please visit me in free time
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Penny For Your Thoughts?